Saturday, August 22, 2020

Day 6- Just past midnight

I arrived after 3 pm yesterday to the prayer cabin. I was awakened by the storm, me who have slept through an earthquake.

After spending time with the Lord I realize that I am not letting God deal with the sin in my life. I live my life as if I am still condemned by my actions. Still live not believing that His work on the cross could be for me. How could He forgive me when I find myself committing the same sin believing myself to still be the same person I was before He saved me.

There is great emptiness in sin. It will lie and say that it will help. That it will remove the desires of the flesh when sin always demands more from the sinner and paralyzes the believer that they may not bear fruit. But I must believe that Jesus has overcome the world, has overcome my flesh, has filled me with the Holy Spirit that I don't believe the lie that says "How can God love you after all that you have done?"

"God sees me in the light of His Son." I must die to sin and live by the sustaining of the Holy Spirit a holy life before the Lord.

God I am weak but You are strong. I have nothing good in my flesh and I know you desire purity in the inward parts. Cleanse me and I shall be clean. Wash us whiter than snow God and help us not feel the condemnation the evil one would have us feel. Revive our hearts that we might seek Your face, Your presence.

May we fight this Christian battle with the sword of Your word. Help us to put on the full armor of God that we might stand fast against the fiery darts of the enemy.

Help my brothers and sisters in Christ who are weak and weary of the fight sustain them. Those who suffer for the sake of Your name. Give them strength to persevere to the end. Hold them fast.

Jesus, may this be done for the glory of Your Name. Amen.

No comments: