Thursday, August 27, 2020

Day 11

 I woke up this morning to an email asking if I was all right because of riots. I don't watch TV so I had no knowledge of anything that happened. I seriously think people who buck against God given law are rebelling against God.

Psalm 2:1-4 ESV

Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying, "Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us." He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision.

God is in charge. I was able to yesterday to hang out with a friend, then speak to another friend I have not seen for a while. God knows that I need the support and God has been showing me his love and support.

Father, because of your Son I come to you knowing you withhold no good thing from those who walk uprightly. God your ways are higher than my way and your thoughts infinitely higher than my thoughts. There has been so much sorrow this year and though I am weak and tired I know you will bring me through. Your will be done. Please make us strong in you willing to lay aside the sin that clings so closely. Let us count everything as loss compared the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus, our Lord. God magnify your name in our lives. Amen.

No comments: