Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Day 10- way too early

For a long time I have kept a journal on what a biblical idea of love. It became as overly long manifesto preaching to myself what love is. 

The love that God has for us is a perfecting love that loves us as we are but is constantly wanting us to be more made into the likeness of Jesus. He wants us to be in a close relationship with Him because He is good and with him there is fullness of joy.

I have since the age of 8 had a fascination with romantic love. I was given a romance novel by my aunt and it unfortunately led to much pain and heartache. A mess of tears and wishing and longing for what it has seemed easy for others to have. 

Since I am a mix of a realist and a romantic I have wavered in my views going from a great passionate sweeping declarations knocking me off of my feet love and a pragmatic companion with whom I will share my life with, run the Christian race with, talk to one another about what God has taught us that day. To be able to weather joys and sorrows with. 

So what is it. Love is accepting a person how and who they are, wanting to grow in Jesus together, wanting to maintain purity and yet wanting them with you. 

This week will be very busy, dinners with friends, cleaning my dad's house, church.... Pray that God's will be done. That He shower his grace and kindness, that we not be content with doing the motions of a lackluster faith but that we desire to love God, with ever increasing zeal and passion. May our ways and days be committed to Jesus. Amen.

No comments: