Friday, September 12, 2008

Work in Progress

Temptations come and go but God is everlasting.

I am 24 with standards based on the bible. I am young and still becoming wiser. To the many people I know I am a throwback. I am old fashioned in my thinking and modest in my appearance.

I still have my moments when I stumble mostly when I become prideful and believing I could do things on my own.

Things I have come to believe:

  • One must submit to God in all things
  • A believer cannot be yoked with a non-believer
  • Dating is not right it encourages intimacy without marriage
  • If I am watching something on the TV yet has blasphemy and sexual content I turn it off

There is more but I will hold on that.

A lot of times when I speak to people I know they think I am weird. Since when did doing what is right, good, and moral become weird and backwards.

I have said to people I have never dated. I think the courtship model is is the best one when contemplating marriage. Christians should never think about becoming in any way involved with someone who is not Christian. God has to be first and foremost and work done to glorify the One who gave us life.

No comments: