Sunday, September 21, 2008

Marriage

I know couples who have married and are now separated and I have seen people who are unhappily married. 

I have seen people who hurt each other because they want more, seeking what love can give them. They sought more the magic of infatuation rather than the reality of two imperfect sinners. When I look over the differences between men and women I rejoice at the handiwork of God. When I was younger I saw men as less than what God made them to be. I would have bashing sessions with my sisters demeaning those I did not even know. I was wrong I had used my anger and bitterness and hatred I was wrong. I put too much stock in finding Mr. Right that that would bring me happiness. I was wrong. It is weird I hated to admit my guilt. 

Marriage is where two people who are not compatible but created for the other become one.  It is not about dresses and tuxedo, or meal it is about what comes after the honeymoon. 

Marriage I have learned is about living day to day lives. Go through the little things about taking care of a place, chores, and personal lives. It is about sharing lives, having children, and living life I do not know how to explain it maybe if I had mentors of married couples I would feel better. 

I have no guidance, my parents only knew each other a month before they were married. They do not feel like I do. None of my siblings feel as I do. They think I am crazy but the reality is I am thinking biblically.

No comments: