Saturday, December 27, 2014

Broken Cysterns and Living Water

Its is easy in a culture that seeks self-gratification that seeks to serve the flesh and its desires to skip over some sections of the bible in order to feel better about sins committed against God. For months I was guilty of not reading the bible at all in order not to feel convicted about some of the sins I committed.

I had sought to hew my own cystern in order to feel satisfied in the singleness I had been given. Sin does not satisfy and it is easy when you hide from godly people to live in a way that is displeasing to God.

For months now I have been seeking God that He might help my continuously give my desires and choices completely to Him. As I have been reading Quest for Love it has held up the biblical principles such a chastity, purity, self-denial, patience and sacrifice. In a world that scoffs at the idea of denying yourself taking up your cross and following God such things are mocked but before God is a fruit. A good fruit on a good branch thast will not be cut up and burned.
The beatitudes a quick to point at the character God instills in the believer and is quick to reveal the rewards that such character will receive from God.

Matthew 5:3, 6, 8 NASB
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [6] "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. [8] "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Everyday I will draw near to God and in doing so may He receive the glory. Because now "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

May that be the manner in which I live in humility, in purity, and patiently waiting not on an earthly bridegroom but for my heavenly one.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Happy birthday, dear Levita. I hope the Lord gave you much joy in Him on your birthday. I would love to talk soon. I'm moving to Stillwater, MN next week. May the Lord lead us to connect soon. Feel free to call anytime. I pray for you almost daily and trust the Lord is making His face shine upon you. Psalm 34...Those who look to Him are radiant and their faces shall never be ashamed.

Levita said...

I did not even see this comment until today. I am glad.