Thursday, January 8, 2015

Going forth and being a woman and not a girl.

Today I am looking at my life. My sister has brought me to a salon and while she has had her hair done I have had a time to examine myself and though to others I may seem as if I am relaxing on my tablet. But inwardly God knows. In reading the book about the life of John and Betty Stem I see an awesome work of God in their life. They counted their lives as loss for the sake of Jesus Christ. They paid for the calling of preaching the gospel in China with their lives. The Bible demands us to lay down our lives to present our bodies as a living sacrifice which is our spiritual worship. I know that this sacrifice gains us a closer relationship to God. And it is a fragrant offering to God. This reminds me of the story Paris Reidheid shared in his sermon Two Shekels and a Shirt about the two Moravian slaves and how as the boat pulled away these words were heard, " May the Lamb receive the reward of his suffering!" Those who count their life as loss for the sake of Christ gain life

No comments: