Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mexico Day 2 : Trip Day 9

I awoke at around 8 in the morning and was at John 6. Jesus the bread of life. How important is that when confronted with gluttony. I have had so much temptations cone my way to do what my conscience says is a sin. This being in matters of my attention being captured by the TV and asked time and time again to have some more food or to eat this because the other person is full. God has been so good to me and I hope to be a light that seeks after Christ no matter what is thought of me. I find that people in Mexico believers in Mexico and the US need prayer because of how we are bombarded with the cares of this world. There is much opportunity in Mexico and Guatemala to live for the Lord and let me share a little of what happened on my second day in Mexico. We went to Tlatliago (I think that's the name) We met the oldest son who lives in the countryside and has 4 people and one helper living on the property. Those who are in their program are Javier, Cecilia, David, and Samuel please pray for them as they are vulnerable, that God in their weakness be it a physical impairment or mental impairment the glory of God may be seen more. Liz is a young woman who helps them out. Pray for her too for her serving for her walk. This part of the orphanage ministry is run by Jony the oldest son of Freddy and Berta. He lives there with his wife Amber and three kids Asa, Lila, and the youngest. Amber is from Illinois she is a sweet girl who growing up had no idea that she would end up here. Now in their place they have planted many things like pumpkin, radish, a type of greens, chilies, tomatillos, potatoes and carrots. Their son Asa loves playing in the dirt. They have chickens, rabbits, and sheep and live right near a mountain that takes an hour to climb. I think Tina you would love to visit but I digress. By the way pray for their family and Amber who is pregnant with their 4th baby. The oldest Asa asked me time and time again Juega conmigo, (play with me) he asked and God allowed me to serve the little boy in that way. Jony his father has an amazing testimony saved from pride, rebellion, hatred, and fear of death. God has taught this man that in belonging to Christ there is humility and a love for others. He has taken a lot of mocking for moving from the city and having a farm, just like his father Freddy did he was told he could either pastor or run the orphanage but not do both, so they had to leave the church to serve God. Glory belongs to God. I have been blessed and know that God calls us to something greater. May our lives shout our hope is in CHRIST!

Levita

No comments: