Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 1 and Morning 2 in Guatemala

Okay on Monday evening I told myself I would not sleep. I had been praying that God would not let me worry that I may be able to calm and assure my other team member Dia while doing last minute things. I did get to sleep and did not get to be all nice and clean for my trip out. So God brought a lot of sin up in my mind on the 4th of June.

1) Impatience (I thought God had done a great work in this and he did but it did bring to mind that God still needs to sanctify me a great deal.

We were told on our flight out to Atlanta that we would not be able to board because we did not have a return ticket. God helped us greatly. We were at the wrong gate (my oversight), then the ticket counter. In Atlanta wrong gate again (my oversight again) we ran from one side of the airport to another. God showed me time and time again that He would get us where we need to be. It was work and by the end of the day I was really sweaty and was whining about by 3:00 pm which God convicted me of as well.

We met with a Bethlehem Global Partner Ludin and his wife Becky. They are such a blessing both to Bethlehem and Guatemale he does avaition and provides bible training to the Guatemalan people. His wife a wonderful helpmeet for him helps train young women to be nurses. They also help not by providing financial means but with giving them more economic opportunities. (This is what I got when I was not lost in my cloud of self-pity)


Dia and I got to our locationat around 8:00 pm we had dinner with Nick Jackson, his parents, his roommate Juan de la Paz (I think that is his name), Dia and I. It was a fun time Nick remembers fondly his Spiritual family in MN and the other places where we have gone. Please pray for his roommate Juan who is a young man who just finished seminary, may God fill Him and speak through this young man by the Holy Spirit. Please also pray for Nick that he might find deep fellowship with the children of God here in Pekin.

June 5, 2013

Second day
God woke me up 7:20 Guatemalen time enough time to go to Tikal but I am not a tourist. I had much to do like go to the bank and purchase a temp phone. I went out and was taken in by place, so much like Puerto Rico but not. No I do not think I am called to Guatemala I always told myself that God would not send me to a spanish speaking nation. (I know I speak Spanish). Dia was still resting and so much was ingrained into me  in Psalm 3. ¨I cried aloud to the Lord and he answered me from his holy hill. Ila down and slept I awoke again, for the Lord sustained me.¨ Then God brought me again to Psalm 4 ¨You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.¨ It is 11:04 and I need to check what else I need to do. it has been hard work and yet my heart feels lighter and my melancholy gone. God is so good to me that it bring me to tears. Who am I that God would take pity on me. I love you all.

Levita Michal Ayala Goeloe

No comments: