Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 7 and Day 8 Antigua, Guatemala City and Mexico

There is so much to say. The day after the wedding we decided all, but the newlyweds to go to Antigua. It was a gift of God to go there. That morning I woke up and was able to read the word. I really wanted to go to church but it could not be helped. I am able to have personal devotion time and worship but want corporate prayer and worship. I have been in John, Ephesians, and Psalms seeking Him to behold Him. I was able to behold God in Antigua with Jack and Jane Surina who are in Antigua to learn the language. We had lunch with them and they are handing out tracks and teamed up last week with a street preacher named Manuel. He and his children go into the central park where many locals and tourist just hang out. I was able to translate for Jack and Jane while they spoke to a man Pable and another man named Francisco they go to a local evangelical church called Nueva Jerusalén. They go to church but do not have their own to study daily. I spoke to at an organic store a lady named Heidi when I started talking about the Lord she smiled and was so happy to talk about the Lord she also attends the same church. We met with Manuel at around 3:15 pm. It was a blessing to translate between him and the Surinas to be sure that we are on the same page with the Gospel. He then open air preached out of Hebrews 1:1-3.
Hebrews 1:1-3 NASB
God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, [2] in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. [3] And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
When he preached I translated for Jane and she was so touched at the message. I think I get why those who go to Guatemala Nick, Seth, the Surinas want to return I have been through the ringer emotionally and spiritually yet I don't understand my heart or God's leading please pray because sincerely I wanted to stay if not for the promise I made to return.
Now the next morning we flew out another day of traveling with a brief respite at Antigua. It showed me more impatience yet God helped me. It was good. I got into a discussion about weakness and strength. I want God to pour His love into me.
Here in Mexico and meeting Freddy and Berta hearing about their ministry to families offering counseling, orphanage, and help to single mothers always sharing the Gospel while serving. Freddy's father shares the Gospel in a nearby park. Sara their daughter loves the Lord her favorite Psalm the 63rd. Daniel the son and I got into a discussion on the free will of man in salvation. Sigh, after a total of 30 minutes I decided enough was enough. That finished off my first day in Mexico.
Let me know how Bible study went yesterday.

Levita

No comments: