Saturday, July 18, 2015

What I have learned

This walk is hard. You battle against the world, against non-believers, against one's own flesh. I have learned many things,that if I were to get married,  would benefit a husband. The reality is that my greatest joys and triumphs were not learning to cook, or crochet, or to sew, but were learning from the Word of God, the riches of glory afforded to His adopted children by knowing His Son Jesus who is the Christ. Through Jesus one can know the Father and through  Christ we can ask of the Father according to His will and He will provide.
I am now reading the biography of Hudson Taylor. I have been interested in mission work for the longest time. How many times have I gone so far away only to pray that God by His Spirit will move on a people to make much of Him. I by His grace serve the Living God, the Only True God. As time winds down for me to go to Chicago I pray that this will be a time to seek the Lord.
"Draw near to the Lord and He will draw near to you, resist the devil and he shall flee."

No comments: