Wednesday, July 8, 2015

True Revival Born out of Sincere Devotion

When I was 22 God met me while I was shelving books at Wilson Library on the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Campus. I had been trying on my own strength for years to be free of sin, depression, loneliness, and a great fear of man. That they would reject me once they knew my struggles, the depth of bitterness within, and the willingness to hit low and hurt others just to feel superior. God was gracious to me and thus at the time that He saved me I had a zeal and a fire within that was almost put out upon comparing myself to people surrounding me at the time. I was viewed as a radical, fanatic, and by some a killjoy.
I didn't want to listen to secular music, still don't. Don't want to watch TV or devote too much time to it. I wanted to evangelize, and ended up reading the whole bible in a year and a half. Was seeking modesty, am still seeking it.
Yet I saw people who did much of what the world does and I decided for a time not to bother with the Christian life. By God's Spirit I was convicted and have sought not only to be as in love with the All Sufficient God as I was in the beginning but to be even more so.
So I seek to read the word, to meditate upon it, to pray, to sing praises, and to make His name known. I know that the walk is not always the same but the direction is towards sanctification. I seek also to fellowship with like-minded believers and to renounce all worldly things that seek to take my attention from the one true God.
So I hope to run the race as to gain the price of the upward call of Christ.
This does not mean to live a dry boring life but should be fun and satisfying with struggles, and good times, happiness, laughter and sorrows.

The bible is clear as to ones walk and what a believer seeks.





Portion out of Psalm 63
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.




Portion from Psalm 67
God be gracious to us and bless us,
And cause His face to shine upon us—
That Your way may be known on the earth,
Your salvation among all nations.




Portion from 1 Thessalonians 5
But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another. We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone.  See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.  Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil.
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Brethren, pray for us.
The one that I was reminded of this morning was a Portion from Romans 12
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.



No comments: