Thursday, October 25, 2012

You being God and me being me

As I sit here at work, no crochet needles to distract me
My thoughts are focused on what Your word says about You
and what my self-examination says about me
 
You are pure holy set apart, all good, just in all your ways and all your works
Without You I am a rebel, wicked to the core, my thoughts and actions corrupted by this flesh
 
From everlasting to everlasting You are God
Lord of my life though I try, try to gain control
 
You says in James about not gaining because not asking
my motives screaming and battling against Your will
 
You will be done on earth, You who are Lord you do it
may I submit
 
Yet God, rich in mercy, the God who continues to provide for me
He wants my good and seeks to change me
 
You are God and I am your slave do with me as You will, refine me by fire, make me humble
Though thoughts and evil asail me lift me up, let me remain in the shadow of Your wings
 
I see more sin, and God is drawing me away from sin. I have done much to make anyone else depart  but God is not like man that He should waver.
 
God is good.
 
 

No comments: