Saturday, October 27, 2012

Work and home-Two areas that need God to work

I work at a clinic and work closely with five people and have come to know many more. I work in an urban area so the attitudes of the people around range from kind, funny, polite, to unhappy, nervous, disgruntled, and aggravated. These are the people I am supposed to assist, at times this goes well, at times almost a confrontation. God knows that He at times brings me people that I might cry out to God at work. I range in attitude as well from friendly, kind, to abrupt, and stiff. With my coworkers I share my joys, and anxiety, and dismay. They seen me at my best but more often than not my worse. My actions among them I know they have compromised my testimony. I still at times get mocked because of it. I want to get better for God to shine a light more and more in this area of my life. That I may not be sucked in to complaining, or being rude, or intrusive, that I may be a light. I am a pilgrim in this world I want God to provide. My God is a God who had been at work from before time began, is still working, and will be working throughout eternity.
At home is another area. I am a mess. Paper and letters throughout the floor, yarn and bags where I had started to clean but had not finished. Books I had wanted to read but have not even started. That is where I am. I live with a roommate she is a kind sweet girl. The one area that is okay is the kitchen my mom has taught me to clean up, to wash my hands. To wash a pan or pot before and after each use. Ai, mami. I don't pour into my roommate's life as I should. She also knows a lot about me and we get along. I guess I want to be able to reflect who God is in my life. I pray He does this. I can't do it.

No comments: