Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pride and the battle for Humility

I am proud. Those who know me know that. I am not one of those who want to be known but look at how many pictures of myself I have on facebook. Look at how I usually listen impatiently until I can interject with something I think sounds great. It is pride that does not have me cry out for help in temptation. It is what I hide. I need help. The snowball to sin starts with a compromise with myself or someone else then the deceitfullness of sin gets in. In those times I do not cry out to God to the only one who can help me. I do not even talk to a dear sister who wants God to overcome this in my life. I hate the feeling of being exposed. I like to be clothed and it seems that in confessing sin to another its like an support group. God you are the only one who can help me. I am tired and weary and today I am battling the flesh within and the temptations without. Do I see Christ when I sin or do I pretend not to? God that you would fight this battle and subdue it. I will pick up the armour you have granted and seek evermore your face. Have mercy on me Son of God wash me in Your blood and I will be cleansed from all unrighteousness. God I do not know your plans but please help me. Help me. Uphold me by Your Right Hand. Tu sabes Dios que estoy corriendo de tu corrección. Lo necesitó. Por favor dejame ver tu rostro. Levantame y no me caere. Ajudame o Dios tu eres mi ajuda en el desierto. You are the balm of Gilead that I may be healed. Quiero en este dia ver a ti. Mi escudo, mi fortaleza, protegeme.

No comments: