Saturday, March 26, 2011

To be a woman

I grew up being told that being a woman meant cleaning, cooking, being ladylike, doing laundry, and other household things, then later it was competing academically, being successful. It stuck with me a while, it was what my mom wanted.
Recently I have learned that this is the life God has given to me for His good pleasure. That I live a life that is transparent, that screams Jesus Christ is Lord, the God may cultivate in me godly character and a need and desire for Christ. Material things do not matter, success in the eyes of the world does not matter. What God has taught me is that what He wills, what He desires from His children is what matters. Fear God, love God, love all the believers, and proclaim the works of Jesus Christ to all who would believe. I am a sinner who God has brought to life and I wait upon Him. SOLA DEO GLORIA!!!

No comments: