Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Advent: The coming Messiah and lamenting during a season of rejoicing

 We are in a fallen world. A world which is cursed and dying. Yet as the people of God we are meant to be light in the midst of such darkness. Each year around this period between November and January I find myself in a lot of inner turmoil and sorrow and this year I find it to be worse. I have been alone before during this season so that is not new. I am sure I will be cooking again and that is not a bad thing... Maybe its just that its one more death, one more trial and I am weary of fighting but I am resolved not to give in to the lie of sin which tells me that it will temporarily assuage the sadness. I hug my family extra right now.... Anyway I love my family and church peeps. Hopefully I will not sink into depression hopefully God will keep me. I hope that I will react by being filled with hope that Christ came and He has promised to return.

God You have been there through all my ups and down. You have granted me eternal life despite the times I took You for granted. This life is yours my time is Yours I submit and trust that You will be glorified the more I trust in You. Thank You Lord Jesus. Amen.

No comments: