Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A broken and contrite heart and the love of God for His Bride

When I was 13 and already had surpassed my mother in height I wore her dress to church and while hiding in the pew I read the raciest verses in the bible. The text found in Song of Solomon was titillating, scandalous, and as a pervy kid I did not seek what was behind it. 
Yet now as an adult, just plain me, cling to verses in Song of Solomon as an example of the love of God for his church.

Song of Solomon 2:10-13 ESV
My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away.

God's love is promised. Right now I am feeling a bit melancholy but it will get better.

No comments: