Sunday, January 20, 2019

At a conference

So Friday and Saturday I was able to take in much of a conference in Atlanta, Georgia called the G3 conference. The focus was on Missions. What I learned is that one must have zeal tempered by love when it comes to missions. That we must be grounded in the word of God. That the local church must have an interest in Missions. That we must be a set apart people if we are called to ministry, That the knowledge of God's sovereignty in salvation should motivate us more to proclaim the Gospel. There is so much more that I learned but without my notes with which to truly outline the sermons it's difficult. I kind of wish my mind was able to capture more clearly the sermon but alas my memory is not what it used to be. This weekend has been special for me it makes me realize that I love having people to worship with. That I love my church family. I miss them when I am away. I like getting excited with them and praying with them. I like that Christ is central to us... I learned though the body of Christ is innumerable a multitude of people from every nation tribe and tongue. I just have to learn to love better. To communicate and not escape. But anyway I will try to organize my thoughts better for next time. My prayer is that there be application of God's word in our lives, that there will be a spiritual awakening. That we will live our lives by the aid of the Holy Spirit and by the grace of God we will live for the glory and the name of Jesus! To Him be the glory forever and ever, Amén.

No comments: