Saturday, February 16, 2019

Thoughts 2/16/19

James 4:6-10 ESV
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

I find my mind wandering where it should not go. My folly wanting what I do not have. My dreams betraying me and revealing the very thing I want to stamp out. Yet I plead with God that He may help me. I am weak and weary of the battle but I know that He is worthy. And He will keep my life not for my sake but for the glory of His Name. God I rest my hope upon the fact that You are an all sufficient God and have provided all that I have needed I have no lack. I have hoped for a change in my life circumstances but in the end You know. I find joy in You hope in You. Lord lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Let me quench my thirst and cause water that flows in a life giving fountain well up within me. Marriage and children are a poor substitute if I don't have You Lord. My life belongs to You Lord do with it what You will.

No comments: