Saturday, February 6, 2016

Remembering

Memories can be good or bad. I will mention the bad first. Past sin can run like an epic movie in one's mind. It leaves such a bad taste and feeling within and at times has me wondering if I have truly changed.
The glory of God has a way of showing us who one truly is without God.
Isaiah 6:5 NASB
Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Yet remembering good, remembering the good things God had done, remembering who God is, is something the bible in the Psalm and even in the the New Testament speaks of.

Psalm 63:6-7 NASB
When I remember You on my bed, 
I meditate on You in the night watches, 
For You have been my help, 
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.

Psalm 77:11-15 NASB
I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; 
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. 
I will meditate on all Your work 
And muse on Your deeds. 
Your way, O God, is holy; 
What god is great like our God? 
You are the God who works wonders; 
You have made known Your strength among the peoples. 
You have by Your power redeemed Your people, 
The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.

Luke 1:46-55 NASB
And Mary said: 
"My soul exalts the Lord, 
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. 
"For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave; 
For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed. 
"For the Mighty One has done great things for me; 
And holy is His name. 
"And HIS MERCY IS UPON GENERATION AFTER GENERATION TOWARD THOSE WHO FEAR HIM.
"He has done mighty deeds with His arm; 
He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their heart. 
"He has brought down rulers from their thrones, 
And has exalted those who were humble. 
"He HAS FILLED THE HUNGRY WITH GOOD THINGS; 
And sent away the rich empty-handed. 
"He has given help to Israel His servant, 
In remembrance of His mercy, 
As He spoke to our fathers, 
To Abraham and his descendants forever."

In reading God's word there is so much to learn about God and to remember about ourselves if one looks to themselves they will always see lack but it God there is satisfaction of the soul.

Show quoted text

In reading God's word there is so much to learn about God and to remember about ourselves if one looks to themselves they will always see lack but in God there is satisfaction of the soul.

No comments: