Sunday, August 30, 2015

When darkness falls

The day breaks, sunlight streams in illuminating me, my curly fro, round face, hollows under my eyes but glad it's morning
The day wears on and the bright blue of day gives way to the indigo of night
I am looking
" Until the cool of the day when the shadows flee away, Turn, my beloved"
I will be here not to be found in rags of my doing but clothed in the robes of your righteousness.
For now though the night sky is said to veil you
I find during this time crickets chirping about, the streetlight casting some light upon me I meditate on your goodness, your faithfulness, who you are, what you have done.
I find you in the midst of moonlight and stars
Within this temple of clay
Flesh and bone you knitted
The Spirit soars within remembering your word.
I remember and bless Your Name

In Psalms

Psalm 63:6 NASB
When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches,

Psalm 19:2 NASB
Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.

Psalm 42:8 NASB
The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 77:6 NASB
I will remember my song in the night; I will meditate with my heart, And my spirit ponders:

Psalm 119:55 NASB
O LORD, I remember Your name in the night, And keep Your law.

No comments: