Sunday, June 14, 2015

Looking Good for the Glory of God

1 Peter 3:3-5 NASB
Your adornment must not be merely external-braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands;

So I was talking to my sister Sammy. About how a person should look. We have differing views. On what we should wear and so on. I am more long flowing skirts and trying to wear modest tops. I am not against makeup or doing ones hair. I will be truthful I just like looking more natural. Yes there are times I do my hair and wear makeup, but I do not want a person to be drawn to that. Instead I want someone who sees the inner person a woman who fears the Lord that is worth far more than rubies. I do get my sister's point of view.

No comments: