Sunday, March 29, 2009

Song of Songs 1:5-7 (Passage & Poetry)

 She

 5I am very dark, but lovely,


O daughters of Jerusalem,
like the tents of Kedar,


like the curtains of Solomon.


6Do not gaze at me because I am dark,
   

because the sun has looked upon me.
My mother’s sons were angry with me;
   

they made me keeper of the vineyards,
   

but my own vineyard I have not kept!


7Tell me, you whom my soul loves,
  

 where you pasture your flock,
   

where you make it lie down at noon;
for why should I be like one who veils herself
   

beside the flocks of your companions? 

To the one whom God has made for me

I am brown from the sun, the place I was born
Work has callused my hands, too strong to be dainty
I am not beautiful by any standard
Face to round, too sweet
Eyes direct without guile
Yet all that I am worth is in Christ

My hair is dark
Teeth straight and a tiny chip missing from my front tooth
I laugh to hard 
Sing to much 
Yet God has granted me favor

Beloved, the one whom God made for me
I was told never to give up, to wait patiently
They were right, what was said holds true
I am my beloved's and he is mine
Though I don't see I know he is there
For that day I will wait when your banner over me is love
Where I won't be seen as the strong one
As the one who could outsmart any man
I will wear white, my head bare 
unadorned but with love in my countenance
I will see you and you will see me
And even though I am not you will see beauty in me
Given by God
You will be wretched but so will I 
It will be ordain by God
God placed first 
and with true love, love each other
That it what I wait for

No comments: