Monday, January 1, 2018

In a place where Love and Mercy meet

I am thinking of a hymn.

"When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride."

In times where I am overwhelmed it's hard to remember God and the comfort He offers. Yet it's there at the cross where  I need to go everyday not because it need to happen anew. No. I just need to remember God's justice and God's mercy is found at the cross. It is finished.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 ESV
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.

No comments: