Monday, December 18, 2017

A lost notebook and what it contains

In the beginning of December I misplaced a little notebook. I use that book in order to have a correct view on love. After years of reading romance even if it did not have sinful parts in it, the ideas it propagates are still wrong. So I seek to when I am thinking about the romantic kind of love between a man and a woman to focus on the love of God. His love never fails. Man looks on the outward appearance but God does not. So it was gone and I didn't know where it was. I was afraid of it getting back to me. The girl in love with love......... The good thing is that at least it was not that one book where I wrote letters to my future husband, yes I was for a period on that bandwagon. Its been about 4-5 years since I last did that. Now I am reading the Bible in order to know God and thus love Him more.
The great thing is that I left the notebook at the church and I was able to get it back, and no one read it. Yay!!!!
Looking back though I wish that I had earlier realized that marriage is something that is given by God to some people. It is not guaranteed and God is not any less good if He has other plans for me. I am satisfied in Him alone. Is the desire for marriage there? Yes. Do I need to fall over myself to attract a man? No. Is my worth found in having a boyfriend or husband? No, it is that I am abiding in Christ and His banner over me is love.
Ephesians 3:14-19 ESV
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith-that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

No comments: