Friday, November 13, 2015

Filling a need

This has been on my mind and I am hoping that if this is a stumbling block that God will help you. Being single is hard yet its a gift. It means having more accountability, it means being more honest about where you are. God has been very gracious in that although there is a desire for a godly marriage and to have kids, I know that God will grant me grace.
I will speak of my heart at this time I am seeking that it not be bitterness that rises up. At times in churches as a single one feels like an outcast, that the next level of maturity is marriage. I was at a get together where the conversation was about jobs careers, kids and their rearing. Tell me what is a single girl to do? The love of God I am glad is different it is one that says though mother and father forsake me God will take me in. I have noticed that women in the world feel it worse in the misassumption that a companion, a husband, some kids will make you happy. If someone is looking for outside circumstances to finally grant you peace you are woefully mistaken. The reality of Christianity is that our worth is not of our own making, our joy is not because we are the pinnacle of success, instead it sees our own inadequacy and share that there is One who is worthy, worthy of knowing.
To the single women who know the Lord, who love Him though they have not seen Him, I pray that God be your rock, your fortress, your strong tower. That your eyes will not waver from the race set before you. That you not view your life as any less fruitful. Do not be stagnant but grow, in holiness, in knowledge of Him who laid down His Life for you. Love others and flee from the temptation to think that having attention from a man will make you happy.
I have all I need in Christ.

No comments: