Friday, July 8, 2011

Right Motives

James 4:3
You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on
your passions.

God has given me much. My life, He provides for me like no one else
has ever done. He has dressed me in His righteousness. Yet I have been
bitter and selfish. God had not been my portion. God sees me as He has
made me. I get bitter at times because men at church when they see me
share the Gospel convicts them and have them admire my zeal. Yet its
rank unbelievers who pay attention. God sees me and loves me despite
me. I ask and ask and at times I fear the future, yet God will not
leave me or forsake me. When I am not distracted I see Him for who He
is. He knows me no one else does. Today I look forward to His return.
I have no regrets except the moment that I did not see the Lord as all
sufficient.

No comments: