Saturday, February 5, 2011

Diary of a Single Christian Female 2/5/11

What does love look like? The cross, a man giving his life to people who are undeserving but have become sons and daughters, fellow heirs. It looks like a man drawing his unfaithful wife to a place where he cares for her and loves her and makes her forget all the men she had been unfaithful with. It is a humbling thing to love another, because it means serving them esteeming them higher than self. Yet God, Jesus Christ must be first and foremost in one's affections. Love wants what is best, what will make us more conformed to God's image. It wants the other washed clean by the word. I am prone to wander, prone to leave the God I love and yet I wake up in the morning because of His mercy upon me. How could I be so cold?

No comments: