Thursday, February 17, 2011

Diary of a Single Christian Female 2/17/11

I love kids they are so sweet and needy. I am blessed to be in a church where I can serve in that way. 12 Children 4 workers a wonderful time had by all until the talk about marriage and children, come on why talk about. I had three kids near me at one point and I remembered my mom saying that when she hugged us she felt full. Yet its only a shadow of what will be felt in heaven. Maybe that is what I love about children and about marriage because they point to the closeness and love of Jesus Christ. When we draw near to God we are filled with Him, his love, his grace. No other pleasure compares to this, all else is a counterfeit. God has been gracious to me the last three days. Its had but I am in the midst of battle for purity and for God to be first. May all honor be to Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

loginmyeye said...

Levita, I love you, girl... Please don't long for some fanciful fairy tale... Marriage and children are anything but that! Not that it's bad, but that it's just NOT easy! It truly is a how we are sanctified and become more like Christ... It's easy to love those pretty little children when they are dressed up in their Sunday best... At 3 a.m. and they are sick and throwing up and you're sick and hubby has to get up in three hours to go to work...

Or, when they go astray... when they make the bad choices and you have to let them experience the consequences... It is heartbreaking! It makes you more like Christ because it draws you to the Father for reliance and sustenance... To draw again from His endless fountain of love and forgiveness because your's is utterly dry!

All this to one day have them grow up and move away which is as happy a day as it is sad...

Oh no! While it is beautiful! It is NOT pretty!