Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Mom

The doctor said nothing more can be done. Yet I am not crying. I love my mom, she is my friend. We used to talk more but not as much since God saved me. My parents are into Word Faith/Prosperity Preaching. It is a movement that says if you have enough faith, if you speak things they will happen. A text that they use often is "I came that you may have life and have it more abundantly." Yet was Jesus talking about this life here on earth. Yes and No, let me explain my answer. In this life their will be trials, tribulations, mourning, persecution, and sorrow, yet the joy of God saving us, of him holding us by his grace. The joy of Him is more than the poverty, the sadness, the pain, the trials. Taking joy in God despite the sorrows of life on a cursed Earth is the abundant life. Not the health, the wealth, the fame, the money. Our lives end in a groan and we leave it the way we enter it with nothing. Unless our treasure is Jesus Christ the author and perfecter of our faith, our lives are worthless because the punishment for our transgressions would fall on us. Justly so. He took the sin of his people upon himself. How glorious is that.

No comments: