Saturday, October 4, 2008

An Idol of the mind

Hosea 6:4-7

"O Isreal and Judah what should I do with you?" asks the Lord. "For your love vanishes like the morning mist and disappears like dew in the sunlight. I sent my prophets to cut you to pieces-to slaughters you with my words, with judgements as inescapable as light. I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings. But like Adam, you broke my covenant and betrayed my trust.

I  too have broken that covenant even now when the LORD has been merciful to a sinner like me. Why do I not love Him as He should be loved. Why do I not give Him more of my time. Other thoughts prevail rather than meditating on His sacredness. I would talk of thing of a biblical nature yet not use the word. The word He gave us by which to live. My walk has been stagnant yet I have learned that He has been merciful in showing me.

Love the Lord your God with all your soul heart and mind.

Yet what do I put in my mind rather than the things of God. I am ashamed. I hope to change I hope I become wiser in my walk. I have coveted an ideal. I have set it up on a pedestal, marriage and courtship in my mind. I was wrong. For that I have to pray for. I was created to glorify God and that is the manner in which I should live. To cling to the cross and relish in His mercy. God save me and change me. 

No comments: