Saturday, September 22, 2018

Gratitude

It was hard for me to be thankful for the little things, because I focused on what I did not have... I felt like I had done my Christian duty why was God not fulfilling that desire in me to be a wife and mother and later on I got upset with not being granted the opportunity to go for a short time and be on the mission field.
God has taught me since to be grateful for my union with Christ. That He has granted to me all I needed. He has provided a body of believers to fellowship with.
I have a hard time being myself sometimes around them. I hate whining about singleness. I want my faith to be strengthened. I want my friends and family to trust the Lord and be found in Him, clothed in His righteousness alone that day.
I have found that being in the word and being in prayer is such blessing to me. During the day the Scriptures rise up in my mind and strengthen my soul. I want my life to be lived for the Lord. My life belongs to Him.

No comments: