Saturday, July 23, 2016

Clarity

I talk more about moments of spiritual enlightening and what I learn. I don't mention friends or the conversations we have, family or even some acquaintances because God had shown me that opening conversations to the scrutiny of others would be the gossiping I had loved when I was younger. I love the talks I have with my friends. I love hearing about your kids. About your lives.About moments good and bad. I want to hear how God has changed you. I love you all. My favorite times are fellowshipping with friends about the Lord. Where we have Jesus in common.
I have thought very recently about family and realizing that though we may spend a total of 4-5 hours together per week the bulk of my time is at work, or with friends from work. The people that we grow up with, once we grow will not know us like they thought in the past. We had shared experiences a while ago and some even recently but it's not deep. Sometimes it is sad.
I like sharing, fellowship to me is bearing ones burdens whether one laughs or cries with you.
I want to be there for both.
So I want to share some things God is continuing to bring to my mind.
The Bible says in 1 John to not love the world or the things of the world because they are passing away. Having a new phone, new clothes, it doesn't matter.
The second thing is that while testifying to the work of God is great, I don't want to compare my life to anyone elses and consider it better or worse. If there is sin involved it is wrong and it needs to be rebuked, but as for things that are a conscience issue I am not going to worry about it.
I better get moving I am working this morning.

No comments: