Thursday, October 22, 2015

Night

It's dark, and the good thing about this time where the moon is the light that shines is the promise of day. Of the long reach bands of light dispelling the shadows. Where crime is less likely to occur, where there is simple beauty. So here I am thinking about the inherent loveliness of purity and innocence. How being a virgin does not make a person pure. God can purity the most wretched sinner, by the blood of Jesus Christ. God can do that not only to someone like me but like everyone on this bus, from the self-righteousness to the idolater, from the little child to the wizened elderly. They need to hear about the holiness of God, the sinfulness of man, His just wrath against us, and that our only hope would be that Christ would take our punishment. That He who paid a debt not His would have it count for someone like me. Oh God that His laborers would preach His Word to the lost.
The scabbard and sword are there, if I would but pull it free from its place.
I hope to be home soon but in the meanwhile I will walk in His light though it be dark all around.

No comments: