Saturday, October 17, 2015

Awake

Was listening to a sermon by Steven Lawson about being a new creation. The sermon is entitled A New You. It brought to my attention that today I was acting more like the old me. God please help me. I was listening to reggeaton music, animosity in my heart toward men. What is wrong with me? Yet by God's grace I saw it and repent. God's word has been a lot on my mind. Being dead to sin but alive in Christ. My life being hidden with Christ. God has been good in washing me with His Word. He can save me from this body of flesh. So many of His promises are within reach.
Right now what comes to mind is two portions of scripture.
Colossians 3:2-3 NASB
Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 4:8 NASB
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

No comments: