Monday, May 25, 2015

A song in my heart

Ephesians 5:18-21 NASB
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.

Colossians 3:15-17 NASB
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.  Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.  Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Yesterday night after cooking and the television was off a lot of hymns came to my mind. Great is Thy Faithfulness, How Great Thou Art, and others, I am thankful that at this time we have such rich songs by which one can hear the attributes and worship a Great God, the One True God, The three and yet one Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

When my soul is troubled I find my help in Christ. "I lift my eyes to the hills..." Psalm 121. "Lift me to the Rock that is higher than I..." Psalm 61.

I am including the lyrics below that whoever sees may sing this and be encouraged in the Lord.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus' Name.

Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain

No comments: