Friday, July 13, 2012

God with me

His name shall be Emmanuel meaning God with us...
The Holy Spirit is within, the very same Spirit that descended on Jesus bodily as a dove. I have noticed something the last few days and I want people to see and marvel at what God is doing. Evangelism is a very fearful thing to man. We have nothing to give God, we have no elequent words, we can't reason a person into the kingdom of God. Those who evangelize have to start on their knees, knowing our weakness. We have to pray that God give us His words to speak. That we may be silent and God speak through us. That the Spirit of God may save the lost. That He will increase and we decrease. God has shown me time and time again that resting upon Him is the only way to glorify Him. I thank God for His faithfullness in the lives of those who share the Gospel and in those who are called by Christ to be His sons and daughters. It reminds me of an old song, sung by the young men who died in the Amazon so many years ago "We rest on thee our Shield and our Defender. We go not forth alone against the foe. Strong in Thy Strength safe in Thy keeping tender. We rest on Thee and in Thy name we go..."
I rest on You my God help me, sustain me, keep me with Your Righteous Right Hand. I love You.

No comments: