Saturday, February 28, 2009

Marriage

I have had my mind turn to this subject more often than I care to. As women though we have to cultivate a love for the home. As women we have to be modest in our appearance, care of children, and be feminine. We have to put the Lord first and submit to our fathers spiritual headship (if they are teaching their children in the admonition of the Lord). Woman while they may devote their lives to serving the Lord as a single, they may also serve the Lord in a biblical marriage. This is the rub wondering whether God wants you to be a single of whether he wants you to be married. I have wondered often about this question and still have no answers. Singleness is a gift, but marriage is one also. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi, Levita.
I guess if you are single today (like me)then God wants you to be single. Not necessarily for your whole life (it can feel like that), but for today that is His will. Keep waiting and serving the Lord!
Sarah ~