Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Faithful even when we are faithless

I myself am suffering no hardship. Yet my mom has cancer and she is growing very weak. I know that God calls good and bad into being that He may reveal himself in our weakest moments. To work moments when we are downtrodden into ones where he carries us and molds us into the likeness of His Son Jesus Christ. Those times when we are tested when we depend solely upon him for our needs.

It says in Isaiah 41:10
Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will sustain you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

When moments like these arise what is said about scripture memorization is true. When you keep the word of God within you, remembering it. Whenever a situation arises a verse comes in your mind, reminding me of the sovereignty of God.

He is my foundation which cannot be moved. I entrust myself into his care.

To God be the Glory for he strengthens the weak.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog, God bless you...

Brazen Hussey's said...

Amen! It is such a difficult thing to accept at times, when our loved ones suffer: to accept that God sends good and evil.

As Job said, "Shall we accept good from God, and not also evil?"

God is sovereign, and in that we may rejoice even in moments such as these. I am sorry to hear about your mother's suffering: I too have lost a parent to cancer.

Oh for the Day when our tears will be wiped away!

--JMH