Monday, August 20, 2018

To be a sister

I was searching through the books for sale at church. My eyes roamed over the titles and once again they paused over Godly Intimacy in a godly marriage I think that's the name. I shake my head and now I think why the heck do I need to go to a Sunday school about marriage. Right now my flesh is saying forget it I don't need to go to that. I go to a small church, it's mostly made up of married people, two young men, and me the older single lady. I have read so many books about marriage it's not even funny which is why that book will never be on my bookshelf. I diverged so far from my original premise that it's not even funny. So I kept looking and saw a book about loving others which would probably help a lot. I am trying to learn right now to love my brothers. What can I do to love? God has convicted me of my attitude but I know that it's through Him and His living and active Word can my heart change. I would put examples on how I don't know how to treat people but it's not funny to me. It's kind of sad. To those who have dealt with my attitude I repent knowing that it's a sin to lash out at people with bitterness. I regret not really knowing people because I want to keep my heart safe.

No comments: