Thursday, December 29, 2016

Lead me

Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB
Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

As I am sitting here thinking on one hand, the grace of God is so rich, why would He save any lawbreakers, his mercy is great, then the other thought I need to decisively seek to live to glorify God.

I was given the book Passion and Purity and see already that as usual as in Elisabeth Elliot's book Quest for Love she puts her finger in the heart of the matter our feelings and dreams must be placed before God. Our heartfelt devotion must rest on God first and foremost. I am reading both this book and one by James White that shows more clearly the distinctions between Catholicism and Biblical Christianity. I am excited to read.

No comments: