Saturday, December 26, 2015

December 26, 2015

I was born December 26th and on this night 32 calendar years since I have been born, I feel joy and peace. It doesn't come from circumstances. In the past few weeks I have struggled with weakness and pain, and with missing my mom. Yet on this the night that I usually stay indoors and not talk to anybody, where God help anyone who tries to correct me. Tonight contentment and peace is within because my longing tonight are not for a desire for marriage and children but for God and that makes all the difference.
My prayer tonight is Psalm 27 and a large chunk of Psalm 63
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple.
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.

Tonight God graciously gave me preaching about prayer and beholding the glory of God. I am in anticipation of seeing Christ face to face and I wonder who am I that I would see Him.

No comments: