Monday, December 31, 2012

What I have been thinking on today, praying about right now

I have a need of my God. God of the Bible, who revealed Himself in a burning bush. Who stood with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace. Jesus Christ who revealed Himself to Isaiah while that man stood within the temple. He said in Isaiah 6 "In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called out to another and said,
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,
The whole earth is full of His glory."
And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke."
My God who revealed His glory on the mount of transfiguration.
God is other, is separate,  holy and transcendent. I am realizing that I need a fear of God.
Zeal for the Lord is consuming me. I see that I need God.

Praying that God will continue to change His church.

No comments: