Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trusting God in Loneliness

2011 has been a year of weddings and births. Many people I know have moved from one stage in their life to another. I sometimes feel left behind no not in a rapture sort of way, but as in they moved forward and I am still where they left me. Its amazing what I can pour out when I am being honest and the best thing about it is that people that I see in my day to day life are less likely to see. Anyway I know I am not the only one to feel the sorrow of not having a person who intimately knows you. Who knows what makes you happy, what makes you cry, the moments you walk through nature paths talking to God, the moments I hide, the moments I want a hug after I do dishes, how much I miss the closeness of another person (yet in a way that honors God). God knows, God knows me that well, its not the sad part. No one knows me that well. I have to by the grace of God that is sufficient for each day, lay down my life as a living sacrifice, have faith in God to supply all my needs, rest in the knowledge that I have a God, the One True God that is nearby. Loneliness is hard, has its own sadness. Yet I fight for a joy in my salvation, in the end its God who satisfies my soul.

No comments: