Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A life lived for Christ

I have realized how much of a sinner I am and how daily I need grace. My life has been very selfish and at times I see a romance novel and in my mind the thought immediately appears. "Hey at least I am not going out and living a promiscuous lifestyle." It also translate onto what I eat and my attitude towards food. "Why not buy a cake or why not grab some more food." It comes down to something I have asked other girls in my bible study to call me out on. "Where are you finding your joy today?" Am I finding my joy in the admiration of men, in a delicious plate of food or are those things negligible considering the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. Is Christ my all in all? It was so easy because my stumbling made me realize that yes I was susceptible. I am not wonder woman. I am just a sinner saved by a wonderful and loving God, who loves His children (true believers) in a way that will not allow them to remain in sin. May I be sanctified and may Christ be glorified. Sinners turn away from your sin and trust in Christ. The one true God.

No comments: