What has been happening in God's mercy to be a woman who seeks the Lord above all things.
Saturday, August 29, 2026
The Everyday Marriage
I think at times when it comes to marriage, in the world there is an idea of what it looks like. The old ball and chain at home, aka old lady, in the end the wife. Then the husband is made out to be a bumbling fool who has his wife doing the heavy lifting of carrying the family. This is not what the bible says, men are meant to lead their family, and the wives called to submit to and respect their husbands. Romance novels never tell you about the everyday life after marriage. I was surprised by flowers after struggling the last few days. I see that my husband seeks day in and day out to love me as Christ loves the church. I am blessed by his faith, his Christian walk, his knowledge of God's word, he is my best friend. I also see in the world, even people in the church, after years of marriage people are more like roommates than married. My husband says after marriage both have to pursue one another. I realize that I am blessed in a lot of ways that both of us strive to love one another as God calls us. He shows his care daily though there are times I fail, or sin, or he fails, but I am reminded of what God says to us, love covers a multitude of sins. So we strive to love one another more each day, to maintain spiritual, emotional, and physical intimacy, and to encourage one another's faith. God is good and has been good to us and marriage itself is a wonderful thing. My husband tells me at times that he could not have had it any better, I feel the same, God in His kindness and mercy brought our marriage about. In trial and tribulations I am thankful that God worked everything in our lives, past, present, and future for our good and for His glory. I recommend marriage heartily, especially in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment